To encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree studies (undergraduate, master, or doctoral degree) in Taiwan, the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) offers the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
From 1 February to 31 March 2021.
- Scholarship recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$25,000 (around US$860) for the Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP) and NT$30,000 (around US$1000) for degree programs.
- Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. MOFA will not provide any other subsidies. MOFA will, however, provide recipients with one-way, economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiwan.
Duration of Scholarships:
The award period for each program is as follows:
- Pre-degree LEP: one year.
- Degree programs:
- Undergraduate program: four years maximum
- Maser’s program: two years maximum
- Doctoral program: four years maximum
Award periods must be continuous, with no breaks, and cannot exceed a total of five years.
- An applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be Somaliland citizen.
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
The following documents are required before the application can be processed:
- A completed application form through CANDIDATE’S BIO-DATA FORM (moe.gov.tw)
- A copy of highest-level diploma or certificate and official complete grade transcript (if in languages other than English, an English translation should be provided).
- Proof of application to university or Pre-degree LEP in Taiwan.
- A photocopy of a TOEFL transcript, a certificate of English proficiency approved by Somaliland government, or documents to certify that the applicant has graduated from a program taught in English.
- Study plan.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport or proof of nationality.
The application package should be delivered to the Ministry of Education and Science, Somaliland (Receiver: Mr. Mohamed Jama Robleh, Director of univerities ; Email:email@example.com)
- Please note:
- The applicants need to get the admission first and then qualified to be awarded the scholarship.
- The applicants can’t double apply another scholarship like TaiwanICDF Scholarship.
For more information, please visit Guidelines for the MOFA Taiwan Scholarship Program
Contact person: Abdirahman Omar Email: firstname.lastname@example.org